Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
According to the new FSW program, unlike in the past, all applicants have to get their educational credentials assessed by one of the four organizations designated to conduct the assessment before submitting their applications to IRCC.
These organizations are:
- Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- World Education Services
- International Qualifications Assessment Service
- International Credential Evaluation Service
- Medical Council of Canada (professional body for Doctors)
- Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for Pharmacists)
The ECA process will help IRCC to determine if the applicant’s foreign educational credential is authentic and equivalent to a completed credential in Canada.
Canadian education institutions degrees do not need to be assessed.
ECA reports remain valid for 5 years for immigration purposes.
© 2024 Canadian Better Life Immigration